6.18.2012

High School Revisited: The Sacred & Profane Memories of Adrienne Aggen Cardon

They say you can't really ever go home again. But can you ever go back to high school? Or I guess the question now reads, would anyone in their right mind ever want to go back to high school?

My 10-year high school reunion is later this summer, and I'm sitting squarely on the fence. I'd like to really want to give it it's due diligence before I decide. In my next few installments, I'll reexamine some of the finer moments and minicultures of high school.  At the conclusion of all this, I'll make the decision whether or not to attend my reunion. Seems logical, no?

I blame Dawson's Creek entirely for this experiment.

(Plus, guys, I've been so patient in waiting to use the James Van Der Beek gifs.)

It's recently debuted on Netflix Instant Play and it's thrown me right back into the golden halls of SM West. Notwithstanding the show's exasperating dialogue (wherein everyone speaks like an MFA student -"apoplectic?" you're 15!) there are some surprisingly nostalgic moments, replete with 90's alternative soft-rock ballads that I have come to know and love.

A second-viewing of D. Creek has made me wonder - do I have any unfinished business? Just lurking in my closet, like a pair of baggy bootcut jeans?

Would I benefit from attending such a reunion?

I don't want to wait, for this blog post to be over, I want to know right now, what will it be?


TO BE CONTINUED. . . .

3 comments :

danielle said...

This series makes me so happy. Just so you know.

Cubbies and Nooks said...

Yes. Yes. Love.

miccolene said...

My high school reunion was last night, in my own town. I did not attend. I had dreams that everyone was super skinny and rich. So, I'm pretty sure I made the right choice by not going.